Outside The Walls, is a ministry without walls, we are a faith-based 501(c) 3 non-profit organization birthed out of the labor of Great Is Thy Faithfulness Prison Ministries founded in 1998 by Yvette Madkins,
The Prison systems is where she labored most of her journey in ministry; she has touched countless lives within the Juvenile Hall and Prisons all over the world. She is the loving mother of 3 children and 2 grandchildren. She is dedicated to doing God’s Heartbeat “Soul-Winning”, her drive is to look beyond the faults of individuals and strive to meet their everyday basic economic needs as well as nurture their spiritual wellbeing. She has served to embrace people of all backgrounds with a message of unconditional love and abundant grace.
• Bring awareness to the community, parents & churches
• See about Youth/Adult who are Incarcerated
(Juvenile Hall, County, State & Federal levels)
• We aim to find, train and activate skilled volunteers and mentors,
then match mentors with youth and families
• Train core volunteers & mentors to assist with youth / family support groups in effort to restore parental confidence and help restore family values.
• Locate funding sources to increase and maintain annual finances
• Collaborate and Partner w/ at least 3 other NGO’s
• Community Outreach
• Work with “Troubled Youth”, see about those in Juvenile Hall and Prison through “Great Is Thy Faithfulness Prison Ministry” • G.I.T.F. and Prison Pen-Pal Ministry, Instill alternative to better choices
• Year Round feed the hungry & cloth the naked
• Interact with Schools, Juvenile Halls, Prisons, Youth Organizations, Government Agencies
• Offer Employment Resources
• Offer Fresh Start Practical High Impact Trainings/Classes for Adults & Youth which deals with cyber bullying, suicide, addictions, human trafficking, anxiety and depressions, these awareness trainings will help restore Parental Confidence,
inspire resilience as well as empower families to strengthen their bonds
• Prison Outreach & Chaplaincy Training
Did you know that 89-percent of the people who live in the Sacramento area do not attend a church? GITF/OTW is passionate about reducing that number through connecting individuals & families with their local church of their faith/belief. In addition, thousands of families are in the midst of economic crisis, homelessness and abandonment. Human trafficking, gang-related violence and unsafe neighborhoods are prevalent. It’s time we turn our faith into action! With volunteer support and charitable donations G.I.T.F. & O.T.W is on a mission to be a “Church Without Walls” by creating projects, special events, community partnerships, social justice awareness and neighborhood outreaches that will impact the entire community, assisting individuals with their immediate needs, it is our hope to introduce the life-transforming love of Christ.
Post it, tweet it, share it. The more people you tell, the more help we can receive.
SPREAD THE WORD
Our 2016 mission is to rescue 40 “Troubled Youth”, adults and families in the Sacramento area from the revolving door of incarceration(Juvenile Hall, County, State & Federal levels) violence, exploitation, and crime found in their relationships, neighborhoods and home environments, restore family values, parental confidence and strengthen family bonds. We desire to reach, teach and disciple every person who responds to the call to CHANGE.
Donations are Tax-Deductible. Single, Weekly, or Monthly
options are available.
1. Submit your request at the link below.
2. Indicate what area you would like to volunteer in.
3. Fill out volunteer application.
G.I.T.F./Outside The Walls (OTW) is committed to year round feeding, clothing the homeless and seeing about the less fortunate, “Troubled Youth”, Prison Ministry, Community Outreaches, O.T.W. inspires and instills within people the desire to fulfill their potential in life with a sense of dignity, belonging, and destiny. We work cooperatively with others of mutual purpose in accomplishing the task before us.
OUTSIDE THE WALLS